This unit introduces you to the events industry. It covers the considerable range of activities that fall within the scope of event management. You will research the various types of event, the significant range in size of events and the international nature of the industry. You will also look at how the events industry links with other industry sectors and the contribution it makes to the economy. Finally, you will investigate career pathways and evaluate the skills that can be gained through working in the events industry.
What do you need to know and understand is this unit?
- The key features of the events industry
- The range of activities falling within scope
- The legal, social and ethical framework for events
- The economic contribution of the industry, its projected growth nationally
- The international nature of the events industry
- Key organisations and representative bodies
- Possible career pathways
- The range of transferable skills that can be gained through working in the events industry